Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Flight of Fantasy Shoot Hair

Over the weekend I was fortunate enough to be asked to be involved in a workshop/shoot out hosted by Julie Peveto Photography and Sally Kate Photography (look them up, they're the best). I did my own hair and makeup. These are some of the photos:



After the fact, I kept getting a lot of inquiries of how I did my hair. So, I thought I'd blog about it!
It really was very simple. I used two products total. Here's where we start off:

Normally I would style my hair after it's a day old, but I always put off washing my hair, so I ended up washing it the same day. 

I curled my entire head using this : Le Angelique Tapered Curling Iron
I work with my hair in layers-with each layer I sprayed Kenra's Platinum Blow-Dry Spray before curling (I got this in a swag bag and on a whim decided to try it out-love it! And it smells yummy) Here's a link for that. *Make sure when curling around your face, you're curling away from your face. Otherwise your tendrils like to go in weird directions.
After my entire head was done I lightly sprayed with Aussie's Instant Freeze hairspray. I even slept on it. In the morning I took a section of hair from the base of my neck and did a simple braid. On the side of my head i took another section and braided it. I crossed both braids across my head and pinned them on each side. Suuuuper easy!! 

Hope you all enjoyed! Let me know if you try this and send me pictures!

-MH-

P.S. Yes, that's really my hair






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just need to work on perfecting that Scottish accent and my archery skills! Oh, and being brave. That helps.

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS